Hi there, fellow mission-driven entrepreneur! Episode 9 is one of my most vulnerable episodes as I get raw and real with my reflections on my 1st year running my personal brand—my coaching business!
As you may know, I’m a big advocate of entrepreneurs pursuing what lights up their fire. That’s why I called my podcast “The Mission-Driven Entrepreneur” in the first place. If you’re at that point where you’re deciding on what you’d like to push for then I expound more on my own experiences in Episode 9. I was in your shoes exactly one year ago, back in September 2019.
I used to run a marketing agency but I realized that I didn’t want to manage people and clients. Instead, I wanted to help entrepreneurs dig deeper into their own limiting beliefs, their human design and how these influences their company. When I realized this, that’s when I knew I found the path that I was made to pursue.
The transition has not been easy and there were moments when I faced a plateau, a couple of breakdowns and even had to break away from my own feelings of inadequacy.
But if there’s one thing I learned from the past 12 months, it’s that it all starts with you.
In this episode, you’ll hear more about what led me to this point, the lessons I learned the past 12 months, how my varied experiences influenced my current coaching business, and how I pushed myself to set all these things in action.
In this Episode:
(1:45) Transitioning from owning a marketing agency to becoming a personal brand focused on business coaching
(5:56) Reflecting on what I need and want for the future
(6:48) How all my experiences served as a foundation for my business
(12:49) Discovering Human Design and how it clarified what I want for my business
(14:50) My coaching style and how it’s influenced by my own experiences
(16:10) Breaking away from numbers and building relationships instead
(18:37) Why you are your own business
- “You learn, you evolve, you adapt and you get to understand what helps you as an entrepreneur to grow your business.”
- “That moment last September 2019, when I switched from being an agency to coaching and and mentoring other entrepreneurs, that’s when I realized that this is what I’m meant to do.”
- “The foundation of you, of your business, and of your brand is really the key to your growth.”
- “Everything you’ve done until this point—at some point, it’s going to click.”
- “It’s not the amount of likes, it’s not the amount of shares. It’s the connections that you’re making.”
- “You are your business.You are your company, especially if you’re a service provider.”
Want to connect? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org